Scholarships and Essay Contests for Secular Students
Every year, the Secular Student Alliance and other like minded organizations offer scholarships to students. Check here frequently to see what's being offered.
Young Adult Scholarship to attend the North American Interfaith Network
(Click here for more information)
The North American Interfaith Network (NAIN) offers a unique opportunity to include younger representatives (ages 18-35) in a valuable interfaith encounter during the 2015 NAINConnect in Regina, Saskatchewan Canada. This scholarship recognizes young adults across the continent who are actively engaged in important work at the high school, college, graduate, and professional level.
If you are passionate about interfaith work, we welcome your energy and enthusiasm and encourage you to apply! You do not need to be part of a NAIN member organization to apply. Recipients are selected by the NAIN Young Adult Committee, according to the directives of the NAIN Board of Directors.
- 18-35 years of age
- Complete and submit an essay approximately 750-1000 words in length. Choose one topic:
- Why is interfaith work important to you?
- In what ways do you participate in the interfaith and/or diversity initiatives of your community, campus, or organization? Feel free to attach relevant articles, press releases or other material describing this work, if any. (Additional places to upload attachments are below.)
- How is the conference theme of "Restoring Spirit Through Sacred Listening" reflected in your local work?
Winner will receive a $750 stipend to assist with the cost of registration, travel, housing (at a university residence), and meals, and reduced registration fee of $125 to attend the NAINConnect.
Application must be completed by April 17, 2015.
Leaders Save Lives Scholarship by American Red Cross
(Click here for more information)
Leaders Save Lives is a scholarship opportunity for high school and college students. Students will gain a meaningful leadership and community service experience. Students will work hand-in-hand with an American Red Cross representative as they lead a team of recruiters in hosting a lifesaving blood drive. A successful blood drive can help ensure a stable blood supply. The American Red Cross Biomedical Services goal is to fulfill the needs of the American people for the safest, most reliable and most cost-effective blood services through voluntary donations.
- Blood drive(s) must be held between June 1 and August 31, 2015.
- Applicants must fill out a registration form.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Must complete 100% of projected goal to be entered into scholarship and gift car drawings
$2500 scholarship (2 offered) to be paid to the students institution, and $200 gift card from giftcertificates.com for 100+ pints of blood. Other awards available for lesser pint collections.
Blood drives must be completed by August 31, 2015.
Blue Nation Review Scholarship to attend Netroots Nation 2015
(Click here to apply)
The tenth annual gathering of the Netroots will be held July 16–19 in Phoenix, AZ. Netroots Nation 2015 will include 80 panels, 40+ training sessions, inspiring keynotes, film screenings and other engaging sessions designed to educate, stimulate and inspire the nation’s next generation of progressive leaders. This year, Blue Nation Review is generously sponsoring approximately 100 people to attend Netroots Nation. If you are selected you’ll receive a complimentary full access Netroots Nation conference credential (transportation and lodging not included).
No due date has yet been clearly stated.