Forming a New Secular Student Group on Your Campus
Are you thinking about getting a new secular student group started on your college or high school campus? Or are you already working on getting your group running? We can help! This page is your go-to guide on how we can help support you as your group gets started and then how we can connect you to the full range of SSA resources and services.
Have any questions? Let us know!
Check out these steps below as a guide on how to form your group and then gain SSA affiliation! This page is step 1, and we will be happy to guide you through the entire process to help you create an awesome group on your campus.
You should fill out the form below if you're just starting to think about forming a group, even if you don't have any of the requirements yet!
- Let us know that you are interested in, or already forming, a new group! You can do that here (or below), which will connect you to our Campus Organizing Team for some hands-on support. You will also receive a digital New Group Packet.
- If you do not have them already, your group will need a couple things when you affiliate with SSA. Those are:
- A public group web presence (such as a Facebook page or group)
- A group email address (one can be created for you, if you prefer)
Optionally, we also strongly encourage you to have:
- A group roster (a listing of members' names and email addresses)
- Your school's student group starting requirements
- If you have already done that and are working with us, or if your group already exists and is up and running, then go ahead and submit an affiliation form! Once you are affiliated, your group will have access to full SSA support, services, and resources.
- You can now finally request a New Affiliate Packet. This includes a physical copy of our Group Running Guide and a few other handy resources.
- Questions? Concerns? We're here to help! Just let us know.