The Secular Student Alliance (www.secularstudents.org
) is seeking two to four interns for the winter of 2010.
* These positions are ten weeks long and have either a $100/week (20 hr./week) or $200/week (40 hr./week) stipend.
* The start and stop dates are flexible, as are breaks, we only require a commitment of approximately ten weeks between mid January and late May.
* These positions are 20 hr./week ($100) or 40 hr./week ($200) positions and will take place during normal business hours except where otherwise noted.
* We are willing to be flexible in terms of time and stipend to meet academic requirements.
* The interns will work at our office in Columbus, OH.
* On a case-by-case basis, some work may be able to be done via telecommuting.
Our mission is to organize, unite, educate, and serve students and student communities that promote the ideals of scientific and critical inquiry, democracy, secularism, and human based ethics. The bulk of our efforts go into organizing and supporting students and student groups who do not see theism as the source of morality or knowledge--this includes atheists, agnostics, humanists, rationalists and other non-theists. We have over 130 affiliates in nine countries--the vast majority of our affiliates are in the U.S.
The Secular Student Alliance is a 501(c)(3) educational, non-profit, public charity. We were founded in 2000 by students and recent students. We are headquartered in Columbus, OH.