- Born and raised in Mexico under Catholic tradition.
- Former State Leader of the Foursquare denomination youth in Baja California, Mexico.
- BA and MA from Azusa Pacific University, the second largest Christian college in the nation.
- Former globetrotting missionary leader, leading hundreds of churches in Mexico, and thousands of missionaries from all over the US and Canada.
- Former head of youth and young adult ministries for the almost 400 churches in the Southern California-Hawaii region of the United Methodist Church.
- Left Christianity and eventually realized my identity as a gay man.
- Experienced a traumatizing gay-bashing from zealot members of the Mormon church in the state of Utah.
- Lives in San Diego, CA
- Writes Op-Ed's for AlterNet, Salon and The Huffington Post
- Author of an upcoming book on raising children in a Christian America
- Has a column in American Atheist Magazine called Danthropology
- Is the newsletter editor for the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science
- Is the author of Parenting Without God: How to Raise Moral, Ethical and Intelligent Children Free From Religious Dogma
- Also now the Ethics Expert for the Global Secular Council
- Twitter: @danarel
| Murali Balaji |
- located in Washington, DC
- Hindu American Foundation's Director of Education and Curriculum Reform
- former award-winning journalist
- social activist
- academic whose research focuses on political economy and media representations of minorities
- teacher trainer and curriculum specialist for Hindu American Foundation, overseeing education reform efforts
| Jeremiah Bannister |
- I live with my wife and four children in Dorr, Michigan, midway between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.
- I graduated with a degree in journalism and mass communication from Olivet College in Olivet, Michigan. I also minored in political science.
- I'm the creator and host of PaleoRadio, a talk radio program focused on politics, religion and culture.
- As a protestant, I was a pastor and advocate for presuppositionalism, theonomy, and postmillennialism--put together, Christian Reconstructionism.
- As a Roman Catholic, I was a Knight of Columbus, a catechist, and a guest speaker on matters of politics and religion. My final year as a Roman Catholic--and as a Christian--was spent as a sedevacantist.
- Twitter: @Paleocrat
- Located in Madison, WI
- Former evangelical minister
- Co-president of Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Author of Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist
- Author of Godless: How An Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists (with a foreword by Richard Dawkins)
- Author of The Good Atheist: Living a Purpose-Filled Life Without God
- Dynamic Speaker and Debater (and singer!)
- Frequent media appearances including the Phil Donahue show, Maury Povich, Hannity & Colmes, and Oprah Winfrey
- Co-host of Freethought Radio
- Located in Colorado Springs, CO
- Teaches Ethics, Logic, and Philosophy of Science at the US Air Force Academy
- Faculty Advisor for the USAFA Cadet Freethinkers Club
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Military Association of Atheists and Freetinkers (MAAF)
- Have spoken at various atheist conferences, to include AAIC, AHA, and The Amaz!ing Meeting
- Located in Washington, D.C.
- Assistant director of communications for Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Assistant editor of AU's monthly magazine Church & State
- Leading writer and researcher on church-state topics
- Serves as spokesman for AU and has appeared on NBC's Nightly News, CNN's Headline News, Fox News, and other programs.
- Located in Asheville, NC
- One of a small handful of openly non-theist politicians in the U.S., dubbed the most Courageous Elected Official of 2010 by the American Atheists.
- Author of Whale Falls: An exploration of belief and its consequences, and The Prince of War: Billy Graham's Crusade for a Wholly Christian Empire.
- Winner of national and regional awards for investigative reporting, criticism, humorous commentary and slam poetry.
- Author of Geoffrey Wasn't Rash (chapbook and tape) and Can We Have Archaic and Idiot? A collection of fictitious tropes.
| Jeremiah Camara |
- Located in Lilburn, GA
- Has been called the "reverse preacher"
- Extremely comfortable in front of any sized crowd
- A stickler for being on time
- Expert on my subject matter
- Very creative (author, poet, musician, filmmaker, speaker)
- Able to speak to any demographic
- I enjoy what I do immensely
-Deleterious effects on society
-Historical impact on the world
-Injurious effects (specifically on African Americans)
-Racism... why it's not what we think it is
-American precepts of racial inferiority
-Slavery (why it's still relevant)
- And more!
- Located in Chicago, but travels throughout the US
- Dean – North America of International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism (IISHJ)
- Humanist Rabbi for Kol Hadash Humanistic Congregation, a member of the Society for Humanistic Judaism
- Twitter: @hjrabbi
- Blog: https://hjrabbi.wordpress.com
- Audio Podcast: The Kol Hadash Podcast
- IISHJ will cover all speaker costs, including a small stipend for snacks, if your campus is located near the following cities: Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago, and Philadelphia. If your campus is located at a distance from those cities, some travel expenses will be requested.
- Located in Southern California
- Blogs at Heinous Dealings (http://freethoughtblogs.com/heinous/)
- Former Muslim, current atheist
- Author of A Skeptic's Guide to Islam (forthcoming title from Pitchstone Publishing)
- Does well both alone and in panels
- Twitter handle: @heinousdealings
- Find out more info here.
- Located in Rural Louisiana
- Jerry is a Public Speaker, Author and Celebrant with the Humanist Society
- Is a board member for The Clergy Project
- Is a board member for Foundation Beyond Belief
- He is the author of Hope After Faith
- His website can be found at jerrydewitt.net or HopeAfterFaith.com
- Twitter: @jerry_dewitt
- Located in Austin, TX
- President, Atheist Community of Austin
- Host of The Atheist Experience Live!
- Co-Host of The Non-Prophets
- Located in Lawrence, KS
- Co-Founder of Skepticon
- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Writer, Public Speaker, Historical Researcher
- Director/Co-Founder of both the world's first Atheist Film Festival and Evolutionpalooza!, San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration
- Author of NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All
- Has spoken around the country at national conventions such as American Atheists, American Humanist Association, Rapture Day, and Skepticon
- Located in Durham, NC
- Author of The Ebony Exodus Project: Why Some Black Women are Walking Out on Religion and Others Should, Too
- Former minister in a charismatic-style church
- Member of The Clergy Project & The Therapist Project
- Received Master's degree in counseling from Wake Forest University
- Twitter: @EbonyExodus
- Find out more on The Ebony Exodus Project on Facebook and at this website.
- Located in Los Angeles, CA
- Sikivu Hutchinson is the author of Moral Combat: Black Atheists, Gender Politics, and the Values Wars, Godless Americana: Race and Religious Rebels, and the forthcoming White Nights, Black Paradise, a novel on Peoples Temple and the Jonestown Massacre.
- She is the founder of Black Skeptics Los Angeles, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, and a Senior Fellow for the Institute for Humanist Studies. The Black Skeptics Group sponsors annual First in the Family Humanist scholarship awards.
- She is also the project director of the Women's Leadership Project feminist humanist mentoring program.
|Keith Lowell Jensen|
- Founder and resident atheist on The Coexist? Comedy Tour
- Host of popular YouTube series Atheist Church
- Has performed with Robin Williams, Doug Stanhope, Norm Macdonald, and a bunch of other big shots
- Has four full length comedy albums out including the most recent, Elf Orgy on Stand Up! Records
- Located in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Three master's degrees in the area of the Philosophy of Religion
- Former Christian Minister & Apologist
- Earned a master’s degree under the infamous Christian apologist William Lane Craig.
- Author of Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity - named best atheist book of the decade by Common Sense Atheism
- Editor of The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, which received the 2010 Atheist/Agnostic About.com Reader’s Choice Award.
- He has edited three other important books, The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, The End of Christianity and Christianity is Not Great. He also co-wrote a debate book (with Dr. Randal Rauser) titled, God or Godless published by Baker Books.
- The only skeptic with a reasonable set of credentials that William Lane Craig refuses to debate! Let's Recap Why William Lane Craig Refuses to Debate Me
- Located in Ripon, WI
- Professor of Communication at Ripon College, in Ripon, WI
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Public Address from Penn State University
- Teaches courses on the rhetoric of social movements, U.S public address, political campaign communication, public speaking, argumentation theory, and metaphor and social problems
- Advises the Secular Student Alliance at Ripon College
- American Atheists Regional Director of the Year 2014
- Frequent rally speaker at secular, women's rights, and LGBTQ events
- Experienced grassroots community organizer
- Located in Cranford, New Jersey
- Public Relations Director, American Atheists
- Former Secular Student Alliance Volunteer Network Coordinator and summer intern
- Former student group leader (SASHA at University of Missouri)
- Co-editor of the SSA Group Running Guide, 4th ed.
- Blogger for Humanist Community at Harvard, muSASHA.org, and SkepticFreethought.com
- Host of "Atheist Viewpoint", a nationally syndicated weekly TV show, also available on the Atheist TV channel free online at www.atheists.tv
- Former professional Christian worship musician
- Also available for debates!
- Muscato is a trans woman formerly known as Dave
- Twitter handle: @DanielleMuscato
- Located in Alberta, CA.
- Born and raised in the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas.
- Left home on the night of his 18th birthday and ostracized from my family since.
- Was married for 23 years and raised four children.
- After another 20+ years in mainstream Christianity he reasoned his way to atheism.
- Executive Director of the Centre for Inquiry Canada in Calgary, Alberta.
- On the board of directors of Recovering From Religion.
|Anthony B. Pinn|
- Located in Houston, TX
- Harvard University PhD (1994)
- First African American to hold an Endowed Chair at Rice University
- Author/editor of 28 books - including several on humanism
- Director of research for the Institute for Humanist Studies
- Named the Harvard University Humanist Chaplaincy "Humanist of the Year" in 2006
- Received the African American Humanist Award from the Council for Secular Humanism in 1999
- Located in Dallas, TX
- Producer of the 'Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism' video series
- Regular co-host of the Magic Sandwich Show on BlogTV
- Occasional co-host on the Atheist Experience TV show
- Member of American Atheists and the Fellowship of Freethought
- Over 80,000 subscribers on Youtube
- Host of the podcast "Ra-Men"
- Contributing member of the Global Secular Council
- Founder of the Philogeny Explorer project
- Producting educational classroom supplement videos according to Next Generation Science Standards
- Located in Bonner Springs, KS
- Organizational psychologist with lifelong interest in the psychology of religion
- Author of three books, two in organizational psychology and one on religious infection
- Principal researcher on the recent report: Sex and Secularism: What Happens When You Leave Religion, A survey of 10,000 American secularists
- Founder of Recovering from Religion - "Learning the joy of faith free living" www.recoveringreligionists.com
- Raised in a fundamentalist home.
- Professional speaker, trainer and consultant
- Hobbies include mountain climbing, skiing, gardening, reading and travel
- Located in Tempe, AZ
- Owner of Unbelievers Media LLC
- Host of Unbelievers Radio (http://unbelieversradio.com)
- Blogger at The Skeptic Examiner (http://skepticexaminer.com)
- Former President of Arizona State University and Mesa Community College SSA groups
- Located in Grand Rapids, MI
- Extensive debate experience.
- Co-host of the Reasonable Doubts Radio show Podcast.
- Currently serves as board member of CFI Michigan.
- Singer Song Writer - plays vocals and guitar
- Released an album called 'An Atheist Album'
- Speaks about de-conversion from Judaism to becoming an atheist activist
- Sings about important topics such as atheism, equality, women rights, critical thinking
|Andrew L. Seidel|
- Lives in Madison, WI and loves to travel
- Degrees include:
- Bachelor of Science in neuroscience and environmental science, cum laude
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Masters of Law, summa cum laude
- Speaking events:
- Andrew has given more than 30 talks at universities and law schools across the country.
- He has given talks and workshops at the last three SSA conferences in Columbus and has debated Bill O'Reilly.
- He frequently writes for FFRF's blog: http://ffrf.org/new/blog
- Awards include:
- FFRF Graduate Student Essay Contest, Second Place 2010
- Haber J. McCarthy Excellence in Environmental Law Award
- Outstanding Masters of Law Student, Denver University Law School
- Forthcoming book on international human rights
- Attorney, Photographer, Writer, and Former Grand Canyon Tour Guide.
- Located in Charleston, SC
- Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at the College of Charleston
- Founded and was faculty advisor to the Atheist-Humanist Alliance
- President of the Secular Coalition for America
- Former candidate for Governor of South Carolina
- Founded Secular Humanists of the Lowcountry in South Carolina
|James Sutter |
- Located in Seattle, WA.
- Co-creator of the Pathfinder RPG, currently the best-selling tabletop roleplaying game in the world.
- Professional author, game designer, and worldbuilder.
- Author of the novels Death's Heretic and The Redemption Engine, a fantasy series about an atheist in a world where gods are objectively real.
- Ranked #3 on Barnes & Noble's Best Fantasy Releases of 2011. Finalist for an Origins Award and the Compton Crook Award for Best First Novel, and winner of numerous ENnie awards for setting and game design.
- Regular guest speaker at Gen Con, World Fantasy Convention, Norwescon, Paizocon, Clarion West Writer's Workshop, and more.
- Twitter: @jameslsutter
- Biochemist at the University of Chicago
- Founder of SSA chapters at Elmhurst College and the University of Chicago.
- Former Executive Producer of Sunday Assembly Chicago
- Secular SafeZone Facilitator
- Blogs at reasonbound.wordpress.com
|Frank R. Zindler|
- Located in Columbus, OH
- Editor of American Atheist Press
- Spent twenty years as a teacher and professor of biology, psychobiology, and geology
- Outstanding debater and public speaker
- Based in Southern California
- Activist for separation of church and state
- Author of 'Seeing Through Christianity'