| Jeremiah Bannister |
- I live with my wife and four children in Dorr, Michigan, midway between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.
- I graduated with a degree in journalism and mass communication from Olivet College in Olivet, Michigan. I also minored in political science.
- I'm the creator and host of PaleoRadio, a talk radio program focused on politics, religion and culture.
- As a protestant, I was a pastor and advocate for presuppositionalism, theonomy, and postmillennialism--put together, Christian Reconstructionism.
- As a Roman Catholic, I was a Knight of Columbus, a catechist, and a guest speaker on matters of politics and religion. My final year as a Roman Catholic--and as a Christian--was spent as a sedevacantist.
- Twitter: @Paleocrat
- Located in Madison, WI
- Former evangelical minister
- Co-president of Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Author of Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist
- Author of Godless: How An Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists (with a foreword by Richard Dawkins)
- Author of The Good Atheist: Living a Purpose-Filled Life Without God
- Dynamic Speaker and Debater (and singer!)
- Frequent media appearances including the Phil Donahue show, Maury Povich, Hannity & Colmes, and Oprah Winfrey
- Co-host of Freethought Radio
- Located in Washington, D.C.
- Assistant director of communications for Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Assistant editor of AU's monthly magazine Church & State
- Leading writer and researcher on church-state topics
- Serves as spokesman for AU and has appeared on NBC's Nightly News, CNN's Headline News, Fox News, and other programs.
- Located in Asheville, NC
- One of a small handful of openly non-theist politicians in the U.S., dubbed the most Courageous Elected Official of 2010 by the American Atheists.
- Author of Whale Falls: An exploration of belief and its consequences, and The Prince of War: Billy Graham's Crusade for a Wholly Christian Empire.
- Winner of national and regional awards for investigative reporting, criticism, humorous commentary and slam poetry.
- Author of Geoffrey Wasn't Rash (chapbook and tape) and Can We Have Archaic and Idiot? A collection of fictitious tropes.
| Jeremiah Camara |
- Located in Lilburn, GA
- Has been called the "reverse preacher"
- Extremely comfortable in front of any sized crowd
- A stickler for being on time
- Expert on my subject matter
- Very creative (author, poet, musician, filmmaker, speaker)
- Able to speak to any demographic
- I enjoy what I do immensely
-Deleterious effects on society
-Historical impact on the world
-Injurious effects (specifically on African Americans)
-Racism... why it's not what we think it is
-American precepts of racial inferiority
-Slavery (why it's still relevant)
- And more!
|Fred Edwords |
- Located in Washington, D.C.
- Guidance and expertise in SSA publications
- Input into mutual cooperation between SSA and AHA
- Contributions to SSA literature and content
- Participation in the Speaker Series and Debate Circuit
- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Writer, Public Speaker, Historical Researcher
- Director/Co-Founder of both the world's first Atheist Film Festival and Evolutionpalooza!, San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration
- Author of NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All
- Has spoken around the country at national conventions such as American Atheists, American Humanist Association, Rapture Day, and Skepticon
|Annie Laurie Gaylor|
- Located in Madison, WI
- Co-founder and Co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Editor of Freethought Today (1985-2009; now executive editor not acting editor)
- Author of "Woe to the Women: the Bible tells Me So", "Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children", & "Women Without Superstition: No Gods - No Masters"
- Twitter: @algaylor
| Jason Heap |
- Located in Washington, DC
- Travelled to nearly 40 countries through work, leisure and service projects.
- Family and friends come from over 10 religious traditions.
- Qualified as a Teacher of Religious Education in the UK's State-maintained schools.
- Was first appointed as a Headteacher (the UK equivalent of a 'Teaching Principal' in the US) at the age of 32.
- First applicant to be a Humanist chaplain to the US Navy (application ongoing).
- Located in New York, NY
- Author of the blog Daylight Atheism
- Cited in Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion
- Won first prize in a science-writing contest judged by Steven Pinker
- Was singled out in campaign attack ads in 2008 run by a Republican senator
- Lifetime member of the Freedom from Religion Foundation
- Located in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Three master's degrees in the area of the Philosophy of Religion
- Former Christian Minister & Apologist
- Earned a masterís degree under the infamous Christian apologist William Lane Craig.
- Author of Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity - named best atheist book of the decade by†Common Sense Atheism
- Editor of†The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, which received the 2010 Atheist/Agnostic About.com Readerís Choice Award.
- He has edited three other important books, The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, The End of Christianity and Christianity is Not Great. He also co-wrote a debate book (with Dr. Randal Rauser) titled, God or Godless published by Baker Books.
- The only skeptic with a reasonable set of credentials that William Lane Craig refuses to debate!†Let's Recap Why William Lane Craig Refuses to Debate Me
- Located in Ripon, WI
- Professor of Communication at Ripon College, in Ripon, WI
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Public Address from Penn State University
- Teaches courses on the rhetoric of social movements, U.S public address, political campaign communication, public speaking, argumentation theory, and metaphor and social problems
- Advises the Secular Student Alliance at Ripon College
- Located in Sacramento, CA
- Professor, Dept of Philosophy, California State University
- His teaching website can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/mccormickphilosophy/
- He runs a blog, Atheism: Proving the Negative, at http://atheismblog.blogspot.com/
- Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Rochester
- Has studied the philosophy of religion, epistemology, atheism, and critical thinking for over 20 years
- About to release a book entitled Atheism and the Case Against Christ
- Has lectured extensively to student groups, at atheism and philosophy conferences, public groups, and others.
- Located in Cranford, New Jersey
- Public Relations Director, American Atheists
- Former Secular Student Alliance Volunteer Network Coordinator and summer intern
- Former student group leader (SASHA at University of Missouri)
- Co-editor of the SSA Group Running Guide, 4th ed.
- Blogger for Humanist Community at Harvard, muSASHA.org, and SkepticFreethought.com
- Host of "Atheist Viewpoint", a nationally syndicated weekly TV show, also available on the Atheist TV channel free online at www.atheists.tv
- Former professional Christian worship musician
- Also available for debates!
- Muscato is a trans woman formerly known as Dave
- Twitter handle: @DanielleMuscato
| David Niose|
- Located in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
- Author of†Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans, and†Fighting Back the Right: Reclaiming America from the Attack on Reason†(December 2014)
- Former president of the Secular Coalition for America and American Humanist Association
- Legal Director for the American Humanist Association
- Attorney who has litigated on behalf of Secular Americans
- Humanist blog at Psychology Today, called "Our Humanity, Naturally."
- Twitter: @ahadave
|Andrew L. Seidel|
- Lives in Madison, WI and loves to travel
- Degrees include:
- Bachelor of Science in neuroscience and environmental science, cum laude
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Masters of Law, summa cum laude
- Speaking events:
- Andrew has given more than 30 talks at universities and law schools across the country.
- He has given talks and workshops at the last three SSA conferences in Columbus and has debated Bill O'Reilly.
- He frequently writes for FFRF's blog: http://ffrf.org/new/blog
- Awards include:
- FFRF Graduate Student Essay Contest, Second Place 2010
- Haber J. McCarthy Excellence in Environmental Law Award
- Outstanding Masters of Law Student, Denver University Law School
- Forthcoming book on international human rights
- Attorney, Photographer, Writer, and Former Grand Canyon Tour Guide.
- Located in Atlanta, GA Former president (2008-2010) and current board member, American Atheists
- Former executive director, Council for Secular Humanism
- Former president, Atlanta Freethought Society (AFS)
- Life member, American Atheists, Council for Secular Humanism, FFRF, AFS Author of many chapters, essays, LTEs; editor and publisher
- Co-editor/compiler, with his son Michael, Quotations That Support Separation of State and Church, 2nd Edition (Freethought Press)
|Frank R. Zindler|
- Located in Columbus, OH
- Editor of American Atheist Press
- Spent twenty years as a teacher and professor of biology, psychobiology, and geology
- Outstanding debater and public speaker
William Zingrone can speak on:
The Arrogance of Religious ThroughScience Rules, Religion DroolsIs a Starfish Conscioius?Cognitive EvolutionPaleolithic Art and ToolsConceptual Development