| Jeremiah Bannister |
- I live with my wife and four children in Dorr, Michigan, midway between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.
- I graduated with a degree in journalism and mass communication from Olivet College in Olivet, Michigan. I also minored in political science.
- I'm the creator and host of PaleoRadio, a talk radio program focused on politics, religion and culture.
- As a protestant, I was a pastor and advocate for presuppositionalism, theonomy, and postmillennialism--put together, Christian Reconstructionism.
- As a Roman Catholic, I was a Knight of Columbus, a catechist, and a guest speaker on matters of politics and religion. My final year as a Roman Catholic--and as a Christian--was spent as a sedevacantist.
- Twitter: @Paleocrat
- Located in Madison, WI
- Former evangelical minister
- Co-president of Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Author of Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist
- Author of Godless: How An Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists (with a foreword by Richard Dawkins)
- Author of The Good Atheist: Living a Purpose-Filled Life Without God
- Dynamic Speaker and Debater (and singer!)
- Frequent media appearances including the Phil Donahue show, Maury Povich, Hannity & Colmes, and Oprah Winfrey
- Co-host of Freethought Radio
| Jonny Brotherton |
- Located in Lawrenceville, GA
- Founder and Executive Director of Atheist Analysis
- Founder of Grillin' With Atheist
- Produces more video content per week then any other Atheist Organization
- 45 Volunteers
- 15 Blog Articles Per Week
- All of our content is made available free of charge, and ALWAYS will be.
|Thea Deley |
- Located in Paonia, CO
- Only comedian on SSA's roster with a vajayjay.
- Called 'a face of new Atheism' by Denver's "Westword."
- Founding minister of the Church of Personal Responsibility.
- Promises to restore your virginity or send you home with a condom.
- Rated "Rad!" by Metro State University student newspaper.
- Once burst into a church and yelled at the worship band to STFU.
- Performing at American Atheists' 2014 national conference in Salt Lake City.
- Twitter: @theadeley
- Located in Lawrence, KS
- Co-Founder of Skepticon
|Lori L. Fazzino|
- Located in Las Vegas, NV
- Doctoral candidate in the Department of Sociology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Studies Evangelical Apostasy and deconversion processes
- Secular Student Alliance UNLV board member (2011-2012)
- Former Evangelical believer and meat eater
- Click here for her UNLV faculty page
- Located in San Rafael, California
- Non-theistic freethinker; "Nature Chaplain"
- Instructor in "natural spirituality" through Cherry Hill Seminary; adjunct instructor, Dominican University and Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley
- Nine published books including Life After Faith
- Presbyterian Minister for 14 years (1987-2001; Master of Divinity degree from San Francisco Theological Seminary; parish associate for 10 years; left ordination for reasons of conscience)
- Interfaith Chaplain in county jails--10,000 inmates per year-- and with unhoused, homeless poor--in one of the nation's wealthiest counties-- for 20 years (directed county emergency shelter for 2 winters)
- Taught courses in congregations on World Religions and Sacred Scriptures
- Philosophy major, Seattle Pacific University--evangelical college
- Former Evangelical (high school through college attended Baptist, Pentecostal,
Protestant, Campus Crusade and House Church congregations; youth group leader; wide biblical and ecumenical knowledge)
- Located in New York, NY
- Author of the photography book, "A Better Life: 100 Atheists Speak Out on Joy & Meaning in a World Without God"
- Director of upcoming film version of the book.
- Has raised over $125,000 on Kickstarter for the book/film of "A Better Life"
- Interviewed atheists from around the world for the two projects including notable figures such as, Richard Dawkins, Dan Dennett, Steven Pinker, Penn & Teller, Julia Sweeney, Alex Honnold, & Derren Brown, among others.
- Check him out on Youtube here.
- The journey of creating "A Better Life" - from concept to published book!
- A new way of looking at atheism
- Atheism and Death
- Located in Nashua, NH
- Mary was a nun in Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity for 20 years before abandoning her religious faith to rejoice in her freedom
- Mary enjoys helping bridge the communicaton gap between secular and religous people, since she understands how good people on both sides work
- An Unquenchable Thirst, her memoir about her 20 years as a nun, was named to Kirkus Revew's list of Best Nonfiction of the Year
- She’s been interviewed by Rosie O’Donnell and on national radio in the US, Canada and Australia
- She is Creative Director of Retreats for A Room of Her Own Foundation
- Her opnion pieces have appeared in The Washington Post, USA Today, National Public Radio, the Huffington Post, and Bloomberg.com
- Mary has been intervewed by The Friendly Atheist and Daylight Athesm, and has an article upcoming in The Humanist magazne.
- Mary is in the process of becomng a Humanist Celebrant and is eager for the opportunity to help nonreligious people celebrate special moments in meaningful ways.
Mary is happy to speak on these topics:
- Living an Authentic Life: Big Concept, Practical Steps
- When Everything Changes Overnight
- The Joys of Doubt
- Herding Cats: Building Secular Community
- Godless Heathen within a Religious Family: Avoiding Domestic Armageddon
- This I Believe: A Weekend Workshop to Help Clarify Your Thoughts about Life and Living Well
- Located in Columbus, OH
- Manager of the Secular Student Alliance's Regional Program
- Formerly SSA's Regional Campus Organizer for the Southeastern US
- Founder of the Southeastern Collegiate Atheist Alliance
- President/Officer of Alabama Atheists and Agnostics (2010 - 2012)
- Has inadvertently appeared on The O'Reilly Factor, The Blaze, and Creation Today.
- Has spoken at multiple conferences and freethought venues throughout the Southeast and the rest of the country
- Twitter @SouthernHeathen
- Located in Alberta, CA.
- Born and raised in the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas.
- Left home on the night of his 18th birthday and ostracized from my family since.
- Was married for 23 years and raised four children.
- After another 20+ years in mainstream Christianity he reasoned his way to atheism.
- Executive Director of the Centre for Inquiry Canada in Calgary, Alberta.
- On the board of directors of Recovering From Religion.
| Robert L. Reece |
- From the Mississippi Delta, located in Durham, NC.
- Founder or co-founder of two successful blogs: Still Furious and Brave, a blog of social commentary, particularly on race, feminism, and the South, and Magnolia Fresh, a southern black men's style blog.
- Author of numerous peer reviewed articles and book chapters on a variety of topics.
- Working on a book project that examines the experiences of black women web cam models.
- Located in Pullyallup, WA
- Development Coordinator of Humanist Disaster Recovery Teams for Foundation Beyond Belief, the first national disaster recovery program for the secular community
- Co-host and writer for broadcast radio program, Ask an Atheist.
- Outed on live national television by Wolf Blitzer after a tornado destroyed her home
- Board member of Humanists of Washington
- Twitter: @ActuallyAtheist