- Born and raised in Mexico under Catholic tradition.
- Former State Leader of the Foursquare denomination youth in Baja California, Mexico.
- BA and MA from Azusa Pacific University, the second largest Christian college in the nation.
- Former globetrotting missionary leader, leading hundreds of churches in Mexico, and thousands of missionaries from all over the US and Canada.
- Former head of youth and young adult ministries for the almost 400 churches in the Southern California-Hawaii region of the United Methodist Church.
- Left Christianity and eventually realized my identity as a gay man.
- Experienced a traumatizing gay-bashing from zealot members of the Mormon church in the state of Utah.
- Lives in San Diego, CA
- Award-winning journalist who blogs at Danthropology on Patheos.com and contributes to Time, AlterNet and the Huffington Post.
- Has a Patheos Blog called Danthropology
- Is the bestselling author of Parenting Without God: How to Raise Moral, Ethical and Intelligent Children Free From Religious Dogma
- Bestselling author of The Secular Activist, and Parenting Without God
- Twitter: @danarel
- Located in Madison, WI
- Former evangelical minister
- Co-president of Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Author of Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist
- Author of Godless: How An Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists (with a foreword by Richard Dawkins)
- Author of The Good Atheist: Living a Purpose-Filled Life Without God
- Author of GOD: The Most Unpleasant Character in All Fiction
- Dynamic Speaker and Debater (and singer!)
- Frequent media appearances including the Phil Donahue show, Maury Povich, Hannity & Colmes, and Oprah Winfrey
- Co-host of Freethought Radio
- Located in Asheville, NC
- One of a small handful of openly non-theist politicians in the U.S., dubbed the most Courageous Elected Official of 2010 by the American Atheists.
- Author of Whale Falls: An exploration of belief and its consequences, and The Prince of War: Billy Graham's Crusade for a Wholly Christian Empire.
- Winner of national and regional awards for investigative reporting, criticism, humorous commentary and slam poetry.
- Author of Geoffrey Wasn't Rash (chapbook and tape) and Can We Have Archaic and Idiot? A collection of fictitious tropes.
- Located near Grand Rapids, MI.
- Part of the Patheos blog network and is the voice behind the popular blog Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- President and co-founder of Michigan Citizens for Science.
- Recipient of the Friend of Darwin award from the National Center for Science Education.
- Former stand-up comedian.
- Creator & Host of No Religion Required Radio Show
- U.S. Army Veteran
- @noreligionreq on Twitter
- Located in Chicago, but travels throughout the US
- Dean – North America of International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism (IISHJ)
- Humanist Rabbi for Kol Hadash Humanistic Congregation, a member of the Society for Humanistic Judaism
- Twitter: @hjrabbi
- Blog: https://hjrabbi.wordpress.com
- Audio Podcast: The Kol Hadash Podcast
- IISHJ will cover all speaker costs, including a small stipend for snacks, if your campus is located near the following cities: Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago, and Philadelphia. If your campus is located at a distance from those cities, some travel expenses will be requested.
- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Author of the widely-read and well-respected Greta Christina's Blog
- Regular atheist correspondent for AlterNet
- Professional writer and editor on atheism, sexuality and sex-positivity, LGBT issues, politics, culture, and other issues since 1989
- Author of Coming Out Atheist: How to Do It, How to Help Each Other, and Why, Comforting Thoughts About Death That Have Nothing to Do with God, and of Why Are You Atheists So Angry? 99 Things That Piss Off the Godless, The Way of the Heathen: Practicing Atheism in Everyday Life.
- She is co-organizer of the Godless Perverts community and performance series centered in San Francisco
- Twitter: @gretachristina
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gretachristina
- Located in Buffalo, NY
- Atlanta native
- Systems Administrator at the Center for Inquiry
- Queer Poly Sci-Fi/Comics Nerd
- Former Program Manager at the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science
- Founder and three-term President of Secular Panthers at Georgia State University
- Formerly various kinds of religious (Christian, Jewish) and spiritual (gnostic, pagan)
- Former "psychic"
- Former Project Leader for Openly Secular
- Located in Boston, MA
- Founder, Center for Naturalism.
- Developer of Naturalism.Org, a leading Web resource on worldview naturalism, its implications and applications.
- Author, Encountering Naturalism: A Worldview and Its Uses and many publications and presentations on naturalism, free will, science, addiction, and criminal and social justice.
- Host and moderator, Philosophy CafÃ© at Harvard Book Store in Cambridge, MA.
- Located in Somerville, MA
- Vice-Chair of the Humanist Graduate Community at Harvard
- Assistant Editor of The New Humanism
- Founder of Temple of the Future
- Humanist Celebrant
- Located in Southern California
- Blogs at Heinous Dealings (http://the-orbit.net/heinous/)
- Former Muslim, current atheist
- Author of A Skeptic's Guide to Islam (forthcoming title from Pitchstone Publishing)
- Does well both alone and in panels
- Twitter handle: @heinousdealings
- Find out more info here.
- Located in Rural Louisiana
- Jerry is a Public Speaker, Author and Celebrant with the Humanist Society
- Is a board member for The Clergy Project
- Is a board member for Foundation Beyond Belief
- He is the author of Hope After Faith
- His website can be found at jerrydewitt.net or HopeAfterFaith.com
- Twitter: @jerry_dewitt
- Located in Austin, TX
- President, Atheist Community of Austin
- Host of The Atheist Experience Live!
- Co-Host of The Non-Prophets
- Twitter: @Matt_Dillahunty
- Located in Lawrence, KS
- Co-Founder of Skepticon
- Located in San Pedro, CA
- Steering Committee Member of IIG West (Independent Investigation Group) - an affiliate branch of CFI (Center for Inquiry, Skeptical Inquirer Magazine)
- Editorial Board of Skeptic magazine since inception
- Performing Magic Castle performer since 1975
- Author of Feral House Publishing: "Psychic Blues" reviewed in New York Times, Daily Mail UK and availble at amazon.com
- Recently on the Halloween episode of "The Jeff Probst Show" and "Inside Edition" showing how psychics defraud the public.
- Find his website at www.themarkedward.com.
- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Writer, Public Speaker, Historical Researcher
- Director/Co-Founder of both the world's first Atheist Film Festival and Evolutionpalooza!, San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration
- Author of NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All
- Has spoken around the country at national conventions such as American Atheists, American Humanist Association, Rapture Day, and Skepticon
|Scott Forschler |
- Located in St. Cloud, MN
- PhD in Philosophy (U of MN, 2004), emphasis in ethical theory
- former member of Campus Atheists and Secular Humanists (U of MN), Minnesota Atheists
- previously taught philosophy at several Minnesota community colleges and the University of Minnesota
- author of several peer-reviewed articles and conference presentations on ethics
- author of the upcoming book The Logic of Morality, to be published by Rowman & Littlefield
- currently a philosophy instructor at St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Atheist, Author, Feminist
- PhD University of Wisconsin
- Former executive director - Oregon State Bar
- Former executive director - Oregon Community College Association
- Former field representative - Oregon Federation of Teachers
- Book of essays of women who have left religion to be published by Pitchstone Publishing in Fall 2106.
- Blog at www.faithlessfeminist.com
- YouTube Channel and Facebook Page under Faithless Feminist
|Annie Laurie Gaylor|
- Located in Madison, WI
- Co-founder and Co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Editor of Freethought Today (1985-2009; now executive editor not acting editor)
- Author of "Woe to the Women: the Bible tells Me So", "Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children", & "Women Without Superstition: No Gods - No Masters"
- Twitter: @algaylor
- Located in Austin, TX.
- Professional software engineer with a Master's Degree from the University of Texas.
- Raised as an atheist with a Jewish cultural background, by two Ph.D physicists.
- Has been participating in the Atheist Experience TV show since 2000.
- Founding member of The Non-Prophets radio show in 2002.
- Active blogger on Freethoughtblogs.com.
- Has been in dialogues with Ray Comfort, Matt Slick, and Charles Colson.
| Jason Heap |
- Located in Washington, DC
- Travelled to nearly 40 countries through work, leisure and service projects.
- Family and friends come from over 10 religious traditions.
- Qualified as a Teacher of Religious Education in the UK's State-maintained schools.
- Was first appointed as a Headteacher (the UK equivalent of a 'Teaching Principal' in the US) at the age of 32.
- First applicant to be a Humanist chaplain to the US Navy (application ongoing).
- Located in Asheville, NC
- Non-theistic freethinker
- Humanist Chaplain
- Instructor at the College of Marin; non-profit housing Manager
- Nine published books including Life After Faith
- Presbyterian Minister for 14 years (1987-2001; Master of Divinity degree from San Francisco Theological Seminary; parish associate for 10 years; left ordination for reasons of conscience)
- Interfaith Chaplain in county jails serving 10,000 inmates per year, and with unhoused, homeless poor in one of the nation's wealthiest counties for 20 years (directed county emergency shelter for 2 winters)
- Taught courses in congregations on World Religions and Sacred Scriptures
- Philosophy major, Seattle Pacific University
- Former Evangelical (high school through college attended Baptist, Pentecostal,
Protestant, Campus Crusade and House Church congregations; youth group leader;
wide biblical and ecumenical knowledge)\
- Teaches classes on naturalistic freethinking through colleges
|Keith Lowell Jensen|
- Founder and resident atheist on The Coexist? Comedy Tour
- Host of popular YouTube series Atheist Church
- Has performed with Robin Williams, Doug Stanhope, Norm Macdonald, and a bunch of other big shots
- Has four full length comedy albums out including the most recent, Elf Orgy on Stand Up! Records
- Located in New York, NY
- Author of the photography book, "A Better Life: 100 Atheists Speak Out on Joy & Meaning in a World Without God"
- Director of upcoming film version of the book.
- Has raised over $125,000 on Kickstarter for the book/film of "A Better Life"
- Interviewed atheists from around the world for the two projects including notable figures such as, Richard Dawkins, Dan Dennett, Steven Pinker, Penn & Teller, Julia Sweeney, Alex Honnold, & Derren Brown, among others.
- Check him out on Youtube here.
- Twitter: @theatheistbook
|Jamie Kilstein |
- Located in Brooklyn, NY
- Comedian and Co-Host of Citizen Radio
- As seen on MSNBC, Conan O'Brien, Showtime, and more
- Doesn't hate women
- Performed at The Reason Rally, Global Atheist Convention etc
- Twitter handle: @jamiekilsteind
- Located in Los Angeles, CA
- Contributing author to The Fundamentals of Extremism: the Christian Right in America
- Contributing author to Everything You Know About God Is Wrong : The Disinformation Guide to Religion
- Contributing author to Parenting Beyond Belief
- Former President, Atheist Alliance International
- Former Vice President Atheist Alliance of America
- Board Member, Camp Quest Incorporated
- Is very proud of receiving the 2013 Freethought Backbone of the Year Award
- Located in New York, NY
- Author of the blog Daylight Atheism
- Cited in Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion
- Won first prize in a science-writing contest judged by Steven Pinker
- Was singled out in campaign attack ads in 2008 run by a Republican senator
- Lifetime member of the Freedom from Religion Foundation
- Located in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Three master's degrees in the area of the Philosophy of Religion
- Former Christian Minister & Apologist
- Earned a master’s degree under the infamous Christian apologist William Lane Craig.
- Author of Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity - named best atheist book of the decade by Common Sense Atheism
- Editor of The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, which received the 2010 Atheist/Agnostic About.com Reader’s Choice Award.
- He has edited three other important books, The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, The End of Christianity and Christianity is Not Great. He also co-wrote a debate book (with Dr. Randal Rauser) titled, God or Godless published by Baker Books.
- The only skeptic with a reasonable set of credentials that William Lane Craig refuses to debate! Let's Recap Why William Lane Craig Refuses to Debate Me
- Located in Ripon, WI
- Professor of Communication at Ripon College, in Ripon, WI
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Public Address from Penn State University
- Teaches courses on the rhetoric of social movements, U.S public address, political campaign communication, public speaking, argumentation theory, and metaphor and social problems
- Advises the Secular Student Alliance at Ripon College
Hemant's speaking topics include:
- The challenges of being a young atheist
- Why skeptics can be so gullible
- What atheists can learn from churches
|Ashley F. Miller|
- Currently located in Columbia, SC
- Currently getting PhD in Mass Communications, focusing on Women's Studies and Reality TV
- Worked in reality television as an editor -- shows included Toddlers & Tiaras, Flipping Out, Ace of Cakes
- Plays the Ukulele
- Member of the SSA Board of Directors
- Communications Officer at Provide -- An organization dedicated to abortion access, especially in the South
- Twitter: @ashleyfmiller
Ashley would love to speak on the following topics:
- Atheism and diversity
- Introduction to feminism
- Media literacy and how to work with the media
- Religion versus women, minorities, and LGBT
- Using Social Media effectively
- Film, Television, Young Adult Literature
- Blogging, Podcasting, Vlogging
- History of Christianity
- Coping with burn out
- American Atheists Regional Director of the Year 2014
- Frequent rally speaker at secular, women's rights, and LGBTQ events
- Experienced grassroots community organizer
- Located in Columbia, Missouri
- Civil Rights Activist, Writer, Debater, and Trans Woman
- Former Public Relations Director, American Atheists
- Former Secular Student Alliance Volunteer Network Coordinator and summer intern
- Former student group leader (SASHA at University of Missouri)
- Co-editor of the SSA Group Running Guide, 4th ed.
- Blogger for Humanist Community at Harvard, muSASHA.org, and SkepticFreethought.com
- Former Host of "Atheist Viewpoint", a nationally syndicated weekly TV show, also available on the Atheist TV channel free online at www.atheists.tv
- Former professional Christian worship musician
- Also available for debates!
- Muscato is a transwoman who uses she/her pronouns
- Twitter handle: @DanielleMuscato
- Based in Philadelphia, PA
- Born and raised in France
- Professor of psychology and cognitive science
- Author of The Soul Fallacy
- Expert Blogger for Psychology Today
- Has appeared on national television, radio and podcast programs in the US and abroad
- Faculty advisor for Rutgers Humanist Community
- Twitter @JulienMusolino
| David Niose|
- Located in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
- Author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans, and Fighting Back the Right: Reclaiming America from the Attack on Reason (December 2014)
- Former president of the Secular Coalition for America and American Humanist Association
- Legal Director for the American Humanist Association
- Attorney who has litigated on behalf of Secular Americans
- Humanist blog at Psychology Today, called "Our Humanity, Naturally."
- Twitter: @ahadave
- Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Philosophy prof at Carnegie Mellon University
- Author of the Humanist Network News's "Brainstormin" series
- Contributor to Free Inquiry magazine
| Robert Parker |
- Located in Portland, Oregon
- Has partnered with CFI, Sunday Assembly, and AHA
- Law student and former journalist
Can speak on:
- Legal Systems
- Secular Law
- The Rise of the Nones
- Located in British Columbia, CA.
- Born and raised in the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas.
- Left home on the night of his 18th birthday and ostracized from my family since.
- Was married for 23 years and raised four children.
- After another 20+ years in mainstream Christianity he reasoned his way to atheism.
- Executive Director of the Centre for Inquiry Canada in Calgary, Alberta.
- On the board of directors of Recovering From Religion.
- Located in Dallas, TX
- President of American Atheists
- Author of Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism
- Host of the Ra-Men podcast
- Author of Reason Advocates on Patheos
- Over 140,000 subscribers on YouTube
- Founder of the Philogeny Explorer Project
- Producer of the Living Science series of classroom supplement biology videos
- Former Texas State Director of American Atheists
- Located in Bonner Springs, KS
- Organizational psychologist with lifelong interest in the psychology of religion
- Author of three books, two in organizational psychology and one on religious infection
- Principal researcher on the recent report: Sex and Secularism: What Happens When You Leave Religion, A survey of 10,000 American secularists
- Founder of Recovering from Religion - "Learning the joy of faith free living" www.recoveringreligionists.com
- Raised in a fundamentalist home.
- Professional speaker, trainer and consultant
- Hobbies include mountain climbing, skiing, gardening, reading and travel
- Located in Tempe, AZ
- Owner of Unbelievers Media LLC
- Host of Unbelievers Radio
- Executive Producer of the "Humanist Experience" Podcast
- Blogger at The Skeptic Examiner
- Former President of Arizona State University and Mesa Community College SSA groups
- Manager of Operations for Spectrum Experience, a progressive and Humanist public relations firm
- Located in Grand Rapids, MI
- Extensive debate experience.
- Co-host of the Reasonable Doubts Radio show Podcast.
- Currently serves as board member of CFI Michigan.
| Amanda Scott |
- Located in Washington DC
- Alabama native
- Nationally recognized student activist
- Twitter: @amandalscottdc
- Located in Waterloo, Iowa
- Generated national and international headlines by interviewing all presidential candidates on how they would uphold and/or strengthen the Separation of Church and State and how their faith would influence their presidency.
- Exchanges with presidential candidates have gone viral; Marco Rubio exchange alone seen over 10 million times.
- Efforts to interview all presidential hopefuls featured on American Atheists, Atheist Voter, in Time magazine, Associated Press, FoxNews, ABC News, Huffington Post, the Washington Post, USA Today, the Christian Post, the Gospel Herald, the United Coalition of Reason, the Des Moines Register, the Cedar Rapids Gazette, the Minnesota Atheists podcast "Atheists Talk," "Freethought Radio" by the Freedom From Religion Foundation, Interfaith Alliance's weekly radio show and podcast "State of Belief", the "I Doubt It with Dollemore" podcast and many more!
- Founder of the Delaware County Coalition of Reason in Manchester, IA; Administrator with the Cedar Valley Atheists.
- Does well both alone and in panels.
- Follow Justin at @iowaatheist247
- Singer Song Writer - plays vocals and guitar
- Released an album called 'An Atheist Album'
- Speaks about de-conversion from Judaism to becoming an atheist activist
- Sings about important topics such as atheism, equality, women rights, critical thinking
|Andrew L. Seidel|
- Lives in Madison, WI and loves to travel
- Bachelor of Science in neuroscience and environmental science, cum laude
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Masters of Law, summa cum laude
- Andrew has given more than 30 talks at universities and law schools across the country
- He has given talks and workshops at the last three SSA conferences in Columbus and has debated Bill O'Reilly
- He frequently writes for FFRF's blog: http://ffrf.org/new/blog
- FFRF Graduate Student Essay Contest, Second Place 2010
- Haber J. McCarthy Excellence in Environmental Law Award
- Outstanding Masters of Law Student, Denver University Law School
- Forthcoming book on international human rights
- Attorney, Photographer, Writer, and Former Grand Canyon Tour Guide
|Sam Singleton, Atheist Evangelist|
- Located in West Virginia
- Sam Singleton is the world's first and only full-time Atheist Evangelist, so far as we know.
- Brother Sam is a fictional character created and portrayed onstage by Roger Scott Jackson.
- He is the author of PATRIARCHS AND PENISES, A Comedy in Two Acts, (2008) TOO BIG FOR GOD, (2009) and IF THE OCEAN WAS WHISKEY AND GOD WAS A DUCK, The Humorous Tale of a Child Evangelist (2010).
- He has performed his comedic works in more than a hundred venues and towns in the US and Canada, in saloons, theaters, universities and at conferences.
- Brother Sam has frequently and favorably been compared to Mark Twain, Clarence Darrow, George Carlin, and Foghorn Leghorn.
- Brother Sam, or his creator, Roger Scott Jackson, is also available for extemporaneous discussions, question and answer sessions, interviews and debates on many subjects, but neither one will debate the existence of god.
|James Sutter |
- Located in Seattle, WA.
- Co-creator of the Pathfinder RPG, currently the best-selling tabletop roleplaying game in the world.
- Professional author, game designer, and worldbuilder.
- Author of the novels Death's Heretic and The Redemption Engine, a fantasy series about an atheist in a world where gods are objectively real.
- Ranked #3 on Barnes & Noble's Best Fantasy Releases of 2011. Finalist for an Origins Award and the Compton Crook Award for Best First Novel, and winner of numerous ENnie awards for setting and game design.
- Regular guest speaker at Gen Con, World Fantasy Convention, Norwescon, Paizocon, Clarion West Writer's Workshop, and more.
- Twitter: @jameslsutter
- Located in Reston, VA
- President and Founder of non-profit Hispanic American Freethinkers
- Host of the secular HAFree Podcast (in Spanish)
- Freemason for over 15 years
- Teaches critical thinking seminars to high schools in Northern Virginia (Washington, DC suburbs)
- BS in Computer Science from George Washington Univ.
- MS in Management of Information Technology, University of Virginia
- Twitter handle: @davidfromhafree
- Born and raised in New York City
- Never formally raised religious
- Married with 3 children
- A founder and President of Black Nonbelievers, Inc.
- Current board member of American Atheists
- Current board member of Reason Rally 2016
- Former board member of Foundation Beyond Belief
- Former board member of Secular Coalition for America
- Twitter: @mandy0904