- Located in Washington, D.C.
- Director of Communications at Americans United and Editor of Church & State.
- Editor of AU's monthly magazine Church & State
- Leading writer and researcher on church-state topics
- Serves as spokesman for AU and has appeared on NBC's Nightly News, CNN's Headline News, Fox News, and other programs.
- Twitter: @RobBoston1
Mr. Boston joined the Americans United staff in 1987. He frequently writes about the political goals of the Religious Right and other church-state issues, such as religion in public schools, tax aid to sectarian institutions and religious freedom. He is the author of numerous critically acclaimed books such as "Close Encounters with the Religious Right: Journeys into the Twilight Zone of Religion and Politics."
Mr. Boston speaks on, and debates on, virtually any topic related to state/church separation, including:
-religion in politics
-religion in public education
-religion in public life
-Creationism and Intelligent Design
-historical roots of church/state separation
- the “Christian nation” myth
- the role of religion in politics
- religion in public education
- tax aid to religion
- the power of the Religious Right
- social issues
- and more!
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.