- Located in New York, NY
- Author of The Good News Club: The Christian Right's Stealth Assault on America's Children (PublicAffairs)
- She has written for the Guardian, the New York Times, the Atlantic, and Reuters.
- Awarded 2014 Person of the Year by Americans United for Separation of Church and State
Katherine Stewart has written about religious fundamentalism, politics, policy, and education for The Nation, the New York Times, The Atlantic, and The Guardian. She is the author of The Good News Club: The Christian Right's Stealth Assault on America's Children.
Kathrine's topics include:
- The the religious right’s special focus on education, youth, and children
- The Christian legal advocacy groups leading the agenda of the religious right faith-based bullying
- Efforts to hamper anti-LGBT bullying
- Efforts to subvert the teaching of science and evolution
- Controversies over sex education
- Religion and student athletics
- Peer evangelism initiatives
Kathrine's honorarium is very negotiable depending on group size and available resources.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.