- Located in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Three master's degrees in the area of the Philosophy of Religion
- Former Christian Minister & Apologist
- Earned a master’s degree under the infamous Christian apologist William Lane Craig.
- Author of Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity - named best atheist book of the decade by Common Sense Atheism
- He has edited other important books, The Outsider Test for Faith, The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, The End of Christianity and Christianity is Not Great and Christianity in the Light of Science. He also wrote the book Unapologetic: Why Philosophy of Religion Must End and co-wrote a debate book (with Dr. Randal Rauser) titled, God or Godless published by Baker Books.
- The only skeptic with a reasonable set of credentials that William Lane Craig refuses to debate! Let's Recap Why William Lane Craig Refuses to Debate Me
- John will come with or without his trade-mark bad-boy hat (it costs extra without it). ;-)
John is a former Christian minister and apologist with M.A., M.Div., and Th.M. degrees in Philosophy, Theology, and the Philosophy of Religion from Lincoln Christian Seminary and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. While in school John majored under Dr William Lane Craig, the infamous leading evangelical apologist/debater of our generation. John also studied in a Ph.D. program at Marquette University for a year and a half in the area of Theology and Ethics.
John has been interviewed on The Enlightenment Show and The Infidel Guy Show. He has also participated in debates on campus and would like to do more of them.
John has traveled America speaking for and entertaining audiences from Ohio, to New York, to Louisiana, to Texas, to Los Angeles, to Colorado, to Wisconsin, and many places in-between. He even did a gig in Toronto, Canada, and somehow passed the border checkpoint as an atheist.
His website is Debunking Christianity.
- How the Outsider Test for Faith Solves the Problem of Religious Diversity
- Why I Rejected Christianity and Went to the Dark Side
- The Darwinian Problem of Evil
- Being an Apologist Makes Otherwise Intelligent People Look Stupid
- Christianity is Wildly Improbable.
- If God Exists He’s Dumber than a Box of Rocks.
- Who Wrote the Bible? Not Me That’s Fer Sure.
- The Barbaric Nature of Yahweh in the Bible
- The Strange and Superstitious World of the Bible
- How Religion Debunks Itself and Why Skeptics Don’t Really Need to Do It
- Basically all things having to do with Christianity.
- Is Christianity True?
- Does God Exist?
- Is God a Moral Agent?
- Was Jesus Resurrected From the Grave?
- Is the Bible God’s Word?
- The Problem of Suffering for a Good God
- Jesus Was a Failed Prophet
- Why Should Anyone Believe Anything At All?
John is also a licensed minister with the First Church of Atheism and the Universal Life Church so he does weddings and funerals (but no baptisms, sorry!).
John normally charges $250 plus expenses for speaking to groups, negotiable for debates
When it comes to debates John needs the same honararium amount per debate as his opponent. He says "Gain a coup by getting Dr. Craig to debate me if you can!"
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.