- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Writer, Public Speaker, Historical Researcher
- SSA Regional Campus Organizer for California/Nevada region
- Director/Co-Founder of the world's first Atheist Film Festival, Evolutionpalooza! (San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration) and Godless Perverts Story Hour (with Greta Christina)
- Author of NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All and The Complete Heretic’s Guide to Western Religion, Book One: The Mormons
- Has spoken around the country at national conventions such as American Atheists, American Humanist Association, Rapture Day, Reasonfest and Skepticon.
Currently, he is at work on the follow-up book to his NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All and his new series, The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion (Secretly, he is also a fiction writer under the name Kilt Kilpatrick).
A Short List of Topics David is Eager and Qualified to Talk About:
Prepared Presentations Include:
- “Sexy Violence! Violent Sex! The Weird-ass Morality of the Bible” - IS every sperm sacred? Was Paul gay? Where’s MY concubines? Asks these and other important biblical morality questions ( note: As you can guess, this talk gets a little racy & contains strong language)
- “Ten Beautiful Lies about Jesus” Argues why the “Real Jesus” of secular historians is just as mythical as the “Jesus of Faith.” Popular talk.
- "The Ten Thousand Christs and the Evaporating Jesus" - Lays out the Jesus Myth theory (that Jesus of Nazareth wasn't a historical figure at all) - more fun than it sounds!
- "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion: Mormonism" – Everything the LDS church would rather you didn’t know about Mormon origins and beliefs
- "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion: Christmas" – Have we forgotten the real spirit of Christmas? Or have the Christians?
- David says “I can also put together presentations on a variety of other topics (given enough advance warning). I also enjoy doing debates and/or dialogues with believers, workshops, and talking about better ways to promote atheism without being a dick about it.”
David charges a $250 honorarium from any group hosting him, but is flexible.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.