Ashley F. Miller
- Located in Columbia, SC
- PhD in Mass Communications, focus on social media and intersectional feminism
- Worked in reality television as an editor -- shows included Toddlers & Tiaras, Flipping Out, Ace of Cakes
- Plays the Ukulele
- Writes at the-orbit.net/ashleyfmiller/
- Twitter: @ashleyfmiller
Ashley F. Miller is a writer, activist, and communications scholar from South Carolina, who has worked for LGBT, secular, and women's rights for over a decade. She has written for dozens of publications, including Salon, Freethought Blogs, and the academic journal CrossCurrents, and run local communications campaigns for law firms, news websites, and secular organizations. She has a PhD in Mass Communications from the University of South Carolina, where she focused on women and minorities in the media. Before returning to school for her PhD, she worked in film and television in Los Angeles. She has a Masters in Film Production from FSU, and a Bachelors degree from Emory University in Film Studies.
Find her blog at the-orbit.net/ashleyfmiller/.
Ashley would love to speak on the following topics:
- Atheism and diversity
- Introduction to feminism
- Media literacy and how to work with the media
- Religion versus women, minorities, and LGBT
- Using Social Media effectively
- Film, Television, Young Adult Literature
- Blogging, Podcasting, Vlogging
- History of Christianity
Ashley requests a $250 honorarium, but is happy to negotiate to make something work
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.