- Located in Dallas, TX
- President of Atheist Alliance of America
- Author of Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism
- Host of the Ra-Men podcast
- Author of Reason Advocates on Patheos
- Over 140,000 subscribers on YouTube
- Director of the Philogeny Explorer Project
- Producer of the Living Science series of classroom supplement biology videos
- Former Texas State Director of American Atheists
Aron Ra is one of the "YouTube atheists" and an advocate for rationalism in science classrooms. He grew up in an exclusively creationist environment where he felt like a lonely outcast just for understanding evolution, let alone accepting it. Being raised in a mostly-Mormon family encouraged him to explore other denominations and eventually non-Abrahamic spiritualism before rejecting faith-based beliefs altogether. He was drawn into activism when the Religious Right dominated his state's Board of Education, and began undermining education in history, health, science, and social studies. His videos often focus on evolution and the evidence indicating an interrelated tree of life. His series summarizing the 'Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism' and his subsequent series, 'Falsifying Phylogeny' (including the Phylogeny Challenge') have been mirrored, featured, referenced, and recommended by many professional scientists, secularists, and educators, and has attracted more than 140,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/AronRa/.
Past speaking topics include:
- "Preferred Truth" - North Texas Skeptics
- "The Evolution of Morality" - Darwin Day 2010
- "The Erroneous Association of Evolution and Eugenics" - Darwin Day 2011
- "What we can and cannot honestly say we know" - Atheist Community of Austin
- "If only you believed like I believe, baby" - Oklahoma Freethought Convention
Aron Ra does ask for a $250 honorarium, and is willing to work with SSA affilates on it. He wants to be available for any interested group to bring him in.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.