Secular Student Alliance Affiliation Renewal
Twice a year, the Secular Student Alliance asks all its affiliates to update their contact information and tell us a bit about their operations. Other than agreeing to the Minimum Statement, this is the only requirement for affiliating with the SSA and taking advantage of all our services and resources.
- We encourage you to spend a bit of time reading through the renewal as you complete it. We include a lot of links and information in it, so that you can gain a bit more knowledge on what we offer you and your group, and how you can best take advantage of what we offer. Think about this as a short training session in addition to serving as a way to renew affiliation with us. If possible, running through it with some of your group's other leaders can also be very beneficial.
- The Fall Affiliation Renewal runs in mid-October, and the Spring Renewal runs in mid-March or April. If your group's information - especially leadership information - changes between renewals, you can update your leadership information here.
- If you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to know what info you will need to have on hand to be prepared, check out the Renewal FAQ. If your question is not answered there, please contact our Affiliation Renewal Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 614-441-9588.
- During the renewal survey, you will have the opportunity to set up SSA student memberships for everyone in your group (always free for students!), so you might want to have a list of group members' names and email addresses ready if you would like to set up a group membership.
- Groups that do not renew will be subject to weeks of emails, facebook messages, phone calls, and other forms of our Campus Organizing Team stalking until you either renew or tell us that your group isn't around anymore. If we don't hear back from you, not only will you lose your SSA affiliation and all the awesome service that come with it, but we'll be really annoyed because we've been spending a lot of time trying to reach you. So please, either renew or contact us and let us know what's going on.
The Spring 2015 Affiliation Renewal is Happening Now!
The survey should take between 20-30 minutes to complete. You can access the form directly here, or you can click on the pretty Affiliation Renewal logo below, if that's more your style.
Every SSA affiliate group must renew by 4/27/15! (Seriously.) Even if you just affiliated last week. Even if you're really busy. Even if you talk to us a lot. Even if you never talk to us.
Give your group members a gift!
The gift of a full SSA membership. All you need to do is to have a roster on hand with their names and contact information, and upload that roster during the renewal process. Your members will be contacted by us and will receive a fancy membership card, free swag, and discounts to SSA events. Find out more information here!
If your group no longer exists, you can either fill out the renewal form (it asks for a tiny bit of information about what happened to your group) or you can contact us and let us know that the group is no longer around.
Not sure if your group has renewed? Our "Outstanding Affiliation Renewals" list shows all the groups that haven't renewed yet. It's updated about once a day, so if you just renewed five minutes ago, your school might still be there.
Using a Tablet or Mobile Device? The renewal form requires a fair amount of typing and/or copy-paste. While the form will technically work on a mobile device, you will be able to complete the renewal much more quickly using a more traditional computer.
If you have any questions or concerns, first check out the Renewal FAQ. If your question is not answered there, please contact our Affiliation Renewal Team at email@example.com or call our office at 614-441-9588.