Secular Student Alliance eMpirical No. 42: Don't Panic! The SSA Breaks 200 Affiliates!
February 2, 2010
In this issue:
- Northern California Regional Leadership Summit Schedule
- Secular Charities for Haitian Relief Efforts
- Darwin Day is Coming!
- Winners of the Fall Student Membership Drive
- So Help Us God In The Courthouse
- Greta Christina and Dr. Darrel Ray Added to SSA Speakers Bureau
- Secular Student Delivers Inaugural Invocation in Southern Maine
- Should Humanists Deliver Invocations? "No," says Frank Bellamy
- Should Humanists Deliver Invocations? "Yes," says Andrew Lovley
- SSA Internship Reflection: Cameron DeHart
- Skepticon II: A Roaring Success in the Midwest
- FreeThinkers@USF Celebrate Banned Book Week
- Northern California Campus Organizing Needs Your Support
- Student, Community Groups Bring Together Non-believers, Free Thinkers
Don't miss the Northern California Leadership Summit! Join us Feb. 12-14 at Stanford University for a chance to meet SSA staff and student group leaders from all over the western US!
So this is eMpirical 42 and, as all really hoopy froods know, this is the answer. Alas, we still don't know what the question is. Someone in our office suggested that it might be "what is the square root of 0.44 times the number of campuses in the United States which still need an SSA affiliate group?" For those of you who don't have a brain the size of a planet, that makes for about 3,960. Thrilled though we are that everything might be about us, we're still withholding final judgment.
Philosophical quandaries aside, we have just added our 200th (and 201st, and 202nd, and 203rd...) campus affiliate group! We're delighted to have grown so much and that there are more opportunities for secular students than ever before.
Things are in full swing as students settle into the winter/spring term! Darwin Day is coming up fast, as well as our Northern California Leadership Summit. You won't want to miss these great opportunities! Plus, we're seeing students branch out into projects and undertakings bigger and better than ever. Check it out!
Not a student? You can still become a member of the Secular Student Alliance and support young freethinkers. There has never been a more exciting time to get involved!
For more information, visit secularstudents.org.
If you are having trouble viewing this e-mail, it can be viewed on our website.
Submitted by Luis on Tue, 01/26/2010 - 16:12