Rev. Jonathan Weyer
- Located in Columbus, OH
- Founder of the Thomas Society, a group dedicated to asking and answering honest questions about God.
- CCO Campus minister and Ordained minister with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
- Co-winner of the Multicultural Award from The Ohio State University with the Students for Freethought and Secular Student Alliance board member Ashley Paramore.
- President of the University Interfaith Alliance, The Ohio State University.
- Author of the upcoming novel The Faithful, to be released on October 1, 2010: www.whoarethefaithful.com. Available on Amazon.com
At Ohio State, he started a group called "The Thomas Society" that seeks to honestly discuss questions about God, the nature of reality, and how people ought to live their lives. He has worked extensively with the Students for Freethought and SSA board member Ashley Paramore to create an atmosphere of cooperation and dialogue between Christians and Atheists at Ohio State. As a part of this work, they are taking service project trips to New Orleans over spring break, hosting joint group discussions, and events that including bringing Hemant Mehta to campus. He lives in Columbus, Ohio with his wife and three kids. To relax, he likes to write novels that scare people, sometimes intentionally.
Jonathan is available to speak on the following topics
- How to cooperate with religious groups
- A Chaplain to Pirates: My life among the Pastafarians (the story of how Ashley and I started working together)
- Creating a blogging world for Christians and Atheists
- Understanding how Christians view the world
- Atheist "Bible Studies"
- Addressing objections to God's existence from a Christian point of view
- Understanding American Christianity
- Why God calls us to be Doubters and Skeptics
John charges a $500 honorarium, but for SSA affiliates he charges $250.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.