Affiliation renewals are over, and your group is still part of the Secular Student Alliance! Hurray!
But is your group an SSA Affiliate, or an SSA Chapter?
If you gave us a group roster during your Affiliation Renewal, you’re now a Chapter! If not, you’re group is still an Affiliate. What’s the difference?
SSA Chapters are entitled to new and exciting benefits such as access to extra SSA supplies, grants, and other services, as well as exclusive access to others. Here’s the whole breakdown:
- Access to all SSA services, such as tabling supplies, the Speakers Bureau, business cards
- Access to additional financial support in Speakers Bureau Funding and Project Grants
- Unlimited use of tabling supplies as your group needs them
- Access to additional SSA Con Travel Aid
- Hands-on help and support from your dedicated SSA Campus Organizers
- Hands-on support with media, such as writing press releases or letters to the editor
- Eligible to request a physical copy of our Group Running Guide
- Access to the growing SSA Film Lending Library
- Eligible to share SSA National's 501c.3 tax-exempt status (with application)
- All group members listed in your group’s roster will be automatically given an SSA Student Membership (including eligibility for scholarships, the SSA web store, and more)
The only new thing a group has to do to gain Chapter status is send us a membership roster. That’s it!
Forgot to send in a roster? Want to become an SSA Chapter? Just send in a spreadsheet with your group members' names and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or email it to your campus organizer! Easy peezy.
We look forward to adding your group as an SSA Chapter!
PS - If your group still hasn’t filled out an Affiliation Renewal for this Fall, you can get on that here. You need to do that ASAP if your group is active and wants to retain access to all SSA services and resources!