Secular Legal Society Use of Name Agreement
This is an agreement between the Secular Student Alliance (referred to as “SSA National” in this document) and a campus affiliate of SSA National which wishes to use the Secular Legal Society name and/or its initials SLS as part of its name. This campus affiliate of SSA National is referred to as “local campus affiliate” in this document.
1. Name SSA National shall allow the local campus affiliate use of the name “Secular Legal Society” as part of the local campus affiliate’s name in one of two ways:
The local campus affiliate may use the name “Secular Legal Society at NAME OF CAMPUS” OR "NAME OF CAMPUS Secular Legal Society" where “NAME OF CAMPUS” is actually the name of the campus at which the local campus affiliate is active. The name can be used in full or abbreviated as “SLS at NAME OF CAMPUS” or "NAME OF CAMPUS SLS." The name of the campus may be abbreviated or not regardless of whether or not the Secular Legal Society name is abbreviated. No other variations upon the name Secular Legal Society are permitted without prior, written approval by SSA National.
The choice of which way to use the name is at the sole discretion of the local campus affiliate.
2. Logo SSA National shall allow the local campus affiliate use of SSA National's Secular Legal Society logo.
SSA National will provide the local campus affiliate with a high-resolution, press-quality version of the logo as well as web-ready versions.
3. Non-Exclusivity This agreement prevents neither SSA National nor the local campus affiliate from forming relationships or agreements with other organizations.
4. SSA National shall have the right to examine and approve all uses of the name Secular Legal Society and the initials SLS by the local campus affiliate under this agreement. The local campus affiliate will promptly supply SSA National with copies of all literature and publicity materials produced or used by the local campus affiliate during the life of this agreement which employ the name Secular Legal Society, or the initials SLS, or the logo pictured above, or which refer to SSA National in any way, and all revisions and republications of such materials.
5. Termination Both SSA National and the local campus affiliate may terminate this agreement at any time with or without cause by giving the other party written notice via either email or postal mail.
If the agreement is terminated, the local campus affiliate immediately loses the right to use the name “Secular Legal Society” and the initials SLS as any part of the local campus affiliate’s name. The local campus affiliate also immediately loses the right to use the SLS logo to represent itself.
This agreement is distinct from general affiliation between SSA National and the local campus affiliate. Termination of this agreement does not terminate the general affiliation agreement between SSA National and the local campus affiliate.