Student Memberships for your SSA Group
Now you can sign up your SSA affiliate or starting group members to become student members of the national Secular Student Alliance! We've created an easy, streamlined process for you to sign up your entire group at once, and you get extra swag as part of the deal! If your group is a bit uncomfortable giving out their personal information, you can always encourage them to sign themselves up through our individual student memberships.
Why sign up as a group?
- Your members will have a better sense of identity and belonging with SSA National
- Your members will become part of the larger secular student community, not just your campus group
- Everyone gets extra SSA swag that you don't get if you sign up online
- SSA National saves money on postage by mailing your group's membership cards and swag in bulk
- All SSA members receive a discount to the SSA Annual Conference and access to the SSA webstore
How do I sign up my group?
Download the Excel file
|Google Doc Spreadsheet |
(requires Google account)
- Tell your group about the program! Let them know about the SSA's Student Membership program and the benefits they get so that they know they're a member and are excited to be involved.
- Collect your group's information. This is super simple to do! All we need are names, expected graduation dates, and email addresses to sign up your members.
- Make sure you tell us your school and group name as well as a mailing address for us to send your swag to.
- Please make sure you provide us with accurate information about your members' preferences regarding mailings and sharing. We don't want your members to be angry with us!
- Send us the information. You can email us the spreadsheet or share your copy of the Google Doc with us at [email protected].
- Bask in your accomplishment! You'll get your box of membership cards and swag in just a few weeks, mailed to the postal address of your choice.
- Be sure to email us with any questions at [email protected]!
What are some easy ways to faciliate group signups?
- If you have a laptop available, you get bring up the document found on this page at a general meeting and just let your members know that they can walk up and enter their names and email addresses.
- If you pass around a paper sign-in sheet at your meetings, you can let attendees know that you will use that day's sign-in sheet to enter their info for SSA membership sign-ups.
- Be creative! The form is super simple, and we only need a bare minimum amount of information to get your group members a national SSA membership.
What do you do with my group's information?
We'll add your members' information to our membership database, and if (and only if!) we have permission, we'll share that information with other secular organizations with which we work, such as the Secular Coalition for America. We never sell any contact information, and we will not trade contact information for individuals who have not given us permission to do so.
Will you contact my group's members?
Yes, the members of your group will receive monthly Student Membership newsletters as well as the occasional special opportunity for students or SSA members (we really do mean occasional - we hate getting overwhelmed by promo email, too). We will not solicit your members for donations.
What kind of benefits do SSA student members get?
Every student member will get a membership card, SSA vinyl window cling, sticker, and welcome letter. We'll also send extra goodies to groups that sign up in bulk, such as gel bracelets or buttons. Student members are also eligible for discounted rates and leadership travel aid to SSA events, and will receive the SSA's monthly student member e-newsletter. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing and delivery.