This page redirects to our new branded logo page. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here
Submitted by Lyz on Tue, 03/10/2009 - 02:47
About once a year, the Secular Student Alliance has a conference. At these conferences students exchange best practices, get inspired, and connect with the larger secular movement. Although empowering student leaders and activists is the core purpose of our conferences, non-students are also very welcome.
This year's conference will be held at the Ohio State University, in Columbus, OH, the weekend of August 7 - 9, 2009!
Submitted by Lyz on Sun, 03/08/2009 - 23:09
This spring, the Secular Student Alliance returns to its roots! After two years working alongside the Institute for Humanist Studies
, the SSA is relocating its headquarters back to Columbus, Ohio.
Submitted by Lyz on Thu, 03/05/2009 - 14:43
The Secular Student Alliance (www.secularstudents.org
) is seeking two college interns for the summer of 2009.
* These positions are ten weeks long and have a $200/week stipend.
* The start and stop dates are flexible, as are breaks, we only require a commitment of approximately ten weeks between mid June and late September.
* These positions are 40 hr./week positions and will take place during normal business hours except where otherwise noted.
* We are willing to be flexible in terms of time and stipend to meet academic requirements.
* The interns will work at our office in Columbus, OH.
* On a case-by-case basis, some work may be able to be done via telecommuting.
* Business casual dress is required.
Our mission is to organize, unite, educate, and serve students and student communities that promote the ideals of scientific and critical inquiry, democracy, secularism, and human based ethics. The bulk of our efforts go into organizing and supporting students and student groups who do not see theism as the source of morality or knowledge--this includes atheists, agnostics, humanists, rationalists and other non-theists. We have over 130 affiliates in nine countries--the vast majority of our affiliates are in the U.S.
The Secular Student Alliance is a 501(c)(3) educational, non-profit, public charity. We were founded in 2000 by students and recent students. We are headquartered in Columbus, OH.
Submitted by Old_August on Sat, 02/28/2009 - 04:09