- Seattle, WA
- Former Member of the Secular Student Alliance Board of Directors
- Co-founder and former President of the Society of Non-Theists at Purdue University
- Blogger at Blag Hag (www.blaghag.com)
- Creator of the widespread "Boobquake" event
- Contributor to the American edition of The Atheist's Guide to Christmas
- Profiled in More Magazine in an article on the new feminists
Jen McCreight is a lifelong non-theist, but became vocal about her atheism when she started college at Purdue University. Surprised and alienated by the highly religious atmosphere, she co-founded the Society of Non-Theists for like-minded students. During this time she also started to blog at Blag Hag, a popular atheist blog, which became infamous partially thanks to "Boobquake." Jen graduated from Purdue University in 2010 in Genetics and Evolution, and is working towards her PhD in Genome Sciences at the University of Washington. She is now on the Board of Directors of the SSA. Her writing isn't limited to her blog, having written articles for The Daily Beast, The Guardian, and a piece for the American edition of The Atheist's Guide to Christmas.
Jen is happy to take suggestions for topics, but in the past has given talks on:
- "My Trip to the Creation Museum" - a humorous virtual tour highlighting and debunking its wackiness
- "Edgy Yet Friendly" - how to create interesting, media-attracting atheist events while minimizing offense
- Women and feminism and how they interact with atheism and skepticism
- Atheist blogging
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.