- Located in Westhampton, MA
- Seth Lepore is a writer, humorist and performing artist living in the woods of MA.
- His one-man show Losing My Religion: Confessions of a New Age Refugee was one the top ten plays of 2011 according to the Twin Cities Daily Planet.
- Lepore has a chameleon like ability to shape shift between characters on stage.
- Lepore grew up Catholic, became a Buddhist for a while, tried out a plethora of new age versions of spirituality and is now a very happy agnostic.
- Lepore is Italian, not French.
- Lepore met Hulk Hogan on a plane when he was nine and got his autograph on a napkin which he promptly lost the next day.
- Lepore never refers to himself as Lepore. He's just doing that now because you're supposed to sound grown up when referring to yourself in the third person.
Seth Lepore (Writer/Performer) holds a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies, focus: Creativity in Education from Naropa University in Boulder, CO. Since 1996 he has created several self-produced one-man shows. I am not Fragile: A Confessional (1996); 5 Perspectives on Public High School (1997); Jobs Galore (1998) which was performed in tandem with a one-act play entitled Versus which Lepore wrote and directed. Two Minutes to Midnight (1999) was the last monologue Lepore performed before taking a ten year break to focus on several music collaborations especially his solo project Older Than Hours.
In 2010 he embarked on a trilogy of solo shows about the underbelly of the self-help movement. The first installment, Losing My Religion: Confessions of a New Age Refugee, has been self-produced in black box theaters and fringe festivals throughout the country. The show won an Encore Award at both the Boulder and Minnesota Fringe Festivals. The second part of the trilogy, SuperHappyMelancholyexpialidocious began touring in March 2012.
More info is available at sethums.com.
Topics Seth covers in his presentations include: the burry line between self-help and faith, agnosticism, new age and self-help as an organized religion, humor around faith and spirituality, cults, the positive thinking movement, identity and spirituality.
Seth asks for an honorarium of $750 for his appearances.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.