- Located in Atlanta, GA
- Editor/co-author of Parenting Beyond Belief and Raising Freethinkers
- Author of freethought satirical novels Calling Bernadette's Bluff and Good Thunder
- Editor of Voices of Unbelief: Documents of Atheists and Agnostics (2012)
- Founding Executive Director of Foundation Beyond Belief
- 2008 Harvard Humanist of the Year
- Author of Atheism for Dummies
Dale McGowan left a 15-year career as a college professor in 2006 to pursue writing full-time. He edited and co-authored Parenting Beyond Belief and Raising Freethinkers, the first comprehensive resources for nonreligious parents. He writes the secular parenting blog The Meming of Life, teaches nonreligious parenting seminars across the United States, and serves as executive director of Foundation Beyond Belief, a humanist charitable foundation based in Atlanta. In September 2008, Dale was named Harvard Humanist of the Year by the Humanist Chaplaincy at Harvard University.
Dale holds degrees in physical anthropology and music theory from UC Berkeley as well as a Ph.D. in music composition and theory from the University of Minnesota. He and his wife Becca, an elementary educator, live near Atlanta with their three kids.
Dale would enjoy speaking on the following subjects:
- Secular Parenting
- Humanist Philanthropy
- The Atheist Papers (the less-known documentary history of disbelief)
- Why Dissent Matters
- Humor – Secret Weapon of the Progressive (shhh, don’t tell)
Dale charges a $250 honorarium for a group within 100 miles of Atlanta and $500 for groups located anywhere else.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.